Tuesday, August 23, 2016

"Between The Ears" Moment: Chilled

Weight loss is more than just physical change and something I touch on in my book, "My 'No Diet' Revolution".  Here's a "Between The Ears" moment,  Being Cold.

Things that just aren't talked about when losing weight, at least not much.  The little big things like a lighter period and the ability to freeze in July.

Before sizing down I never had an issue of being cold in the summer.  That changed big time when I got smaller - I got colder.  I used to set my house to the summer temperature of 72 and that was as warm as I could take it.  Now my house is set at 77 during the summer and I still step outside at regular intervals to thaw out and warm up a bit!  I think if I lived alone I'd have the house set at 80.

Going out during the summer is great!  I'm guaranteed to turn blue for the first two minutes upon entering a store and then I guess my furness kicks on and i'm comfortable for a while.  If I'm going to be inside for any length of time, such as a movie theater or restaurant, I'll wear long pants and take a wrap.

Being a colder person means the electric blanket goes on the bed earlier than most folks and stays on longer.   It means copious layers of clothes in the winter time.  My "around the house" winter clothes begin with a short sleeved t-shirt, followed by a long sleeve t-shirt, topped with a larger short sleeve t-shirt and if it's really cold, there's a sweat shirt on top of that.  True story.

Being a cold person means you can still use your heated seats in the summer because the car air conditioning is just a tad too cold without it.  Either that or it means that you really would enjoy some heated seats!  Dual zone climate control is very useful too!

Being cold means that there's a year round blanket by your favorite spot on the sofa.

Laugh and enjoy the lower cooling bill and throw on extra layers in the winter and stoke the fire more often.  It's all cool.

Current launch date for my book is mid September!  The ebook will be available at Amazon.com and print copies at CreateSpace.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment