Saturday, September 10, 2016

TTouch & Health

TTouch does so much good to a body whether it be a behavioral issue, a training issue, healing from an injury, or (what we're chatting about today) using TTouch with a health issue.




This is Nestle.  He is a long-haired miniature Dachshund who is 8 years old.  A little over two years ago he began having seizures.  If you've never experienced a dog with seizures, I pray you never have to.  If you do, than you know how gut wrenching a seizure is and how absolutely helpless you feel when it's in the midst of happening.  You want to help, but you don't know how.  If you knew how you could help, the whole thing would be much less horrible, don't you agree?  

TTouch is something you can do during and after a seizure that will help a whole lot ~ because trust me, this isn't fun for them, either.   The best perk is that doing TTouch on your pet will not only help him, it'll help you, too.  

Let's take a look:

Your dog has gone into a full blown seizure and there you are with your stress hormones hitting an all-time spike in panic.  I do it too.  For me, it only lasts a moment because I get right over to Nestle and begin my work.  As soon as I lay hands on him, I'm concentrated on helping him and I've taken a deep breath as I begin.  Now, I'm calmer, focused and more centered.  

Once the seizure has passed, it's typical for Nestle to experience a few moments of confusion or physical imbalance (or both).  He may not be able to walk well, he may be disoriented or confused and he might even be manic.  You just never know!  As soon as his seizure has finished, I'm still working on him, only now I shift my work to using connecting TTouches all over his body to get his nervous system get back on line.  

With the use of TTouch, Nestle's seizures are:
Shorter in duration
Less frightened
Seizure is less severe
No mania afterwards
No confusion afterwards
No mobility issues afterwards

And although it's too early to quantify, he has not defecated as often during a seizure when TTouch is used.

After the seizure, I keep him there with me and do 2-3 minutes of TTouch and then he's up.  He is much steadier, more physically balanced and more like his 'usual self' rather than exhibiting any whining, wandering aimlessly, running, biting; he exhibits no oddities after a TTouched seizure, where he does otherwise.  

For the person performing the TTouches, it is calming to him or her as well.  This is huge when you're dealing with a very stressful situation as being calm greatly helps the animal to calm as well.   





Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you found this helpful.  If you like this article, subscribe to my blog and get more good news just like this.  

Interested in exploring TTouch?  Sign up for a session with me!  It's easy, just head over to the "TTouch Store" tab and scroll down.  Or, hit "contact me" and send me an email.  I'd love to hear from you!
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment